1. The employer will ensure compliance with vacation provisions under the Employment Standards Act in respect of the payment of vacation pay.
2. For the purposes of Employment Insurance, the employer shall report for a teacher teaching on call, the same number of hours worked as would be reported for a day worked by a teacher on a continuing contract.
3. A teacher teaching on call shall be entitled to the mileage/kilometre allowance, rate or other payment for transportation costs, as defined by the Collective Agreement, for which the employee he/she is replacing is entitled to claim.
4. Teachers teaching on call shall be eligible, subject to plan limitations, to participate in the benefit plans in the Collective Agreement, provided that they pay the full cost of benefit premiums.
5. Teachers teaching on call shall be paid an additional compensation of $3 over daily rate in lieu of benefits. This benefit will be prorated for part days worked but in no case will be less than $1.50. Any and all provisions in the Previous Collective Agreement that provided additional or superior provisions in respect of payment in lieu of benefits shall remain part of the Collective Agreement.
6. Rate of Pay:
a. An Employee who is employed as a teacher teaching on call shall be paid 1/189 of his/her category classification and experience, to a maximum of the rate at Category 5 Step 7, for each full day worked.
b. Effective July 1, 2016, an Employee who is employed as a teacher teaching on call shall be paid 1/189 of his/her category classification and experience, to a maximum of the rate at Category 5 Step 8, for each full day worked.