You are here: Home Collective agreement SECTION A - THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING RELATIONSHIP ARTICLE A.1 - TERM, CONTINUATION AND RENEGOTIATION ARTICLE A.1 - TERM, CONTINUATION AND RENEGOTIATION
In this Collective Agreement, "Previous Collective Agreement" means the Collective Agreement that was in effect between the two parties for the period July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2013 including any amendments agreed to by the parties during that period.
1. Except as otherwise specifically provided, this Collective Agreement is effective July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2019. The parties agree that not less than four (4) months preceding the expiry of this Collective Agreement, they will commence collective bargaining in good faith with the object of renewal or revision of this Collective Agreement and the concluding of a Collective Agreement for the subsequent period.
2. In the event that a new Collective Agreement is not in place by June 30, 2019 the terms of this Collective Agreement are deemed to remain in effect until the date on which a new Collective Agreement is concluded.
3. All terms and conditions of the Previous Collective Agreement are included in the Collective Agreement, except where a term or condition has been amended or modified in accordance with this Collective Agreement.
4. a. If employees are added to the bargaining unit established under section 5 of the Public Education Labour Relations Act during the term of this Collective Agreement, the parties shall negotiate terms and conditions that apply to those employees.
b. If the parties are unable to agree on terms and conditions applicable to those employees, either party may refer the issues in dispute to a mutually acceptable arbitrator who shall have jurisdiction to impose terms and conditions.
c. If the parties are unable to agree on an arbitrator, either party may request the Director of the Collective Agreement Arbitration Bureau to appoint an arbitrator.
5. a. Changes in those local matters agreed to by a local and the employer will amend the Previous Collective Agreement provisions and form part of this Collective Agreement, subject to Article A.1.5.b below.
b. A local and the employer must agree to the manner and timing of implementation of a change in a local matter.
c. i. This Collective Agreement continues previous agreements between the parties with respect to the designation of provincial and local matters (See Letter of Understanding No. 1).
ii. The parties may agree to another designation which is consistent with the Public Education Labour Relations Act.